TERMS & CONDITIONS
EMAIL: [email protected]
By clicking “I Agree,” you (“Client”) agree to be provided with services by The Diabetes Psychologist on behalf of any and all employees or contractors (“Company”), and you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Company, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Upon execution of this Agreement, electronically, verbally, or otherwise, the Company agrees to render services related to education by means of seminar, coaching, and educational materials (the “Program”).
- The terms of this Agreement shall be binding for any further goods/services supplied by Company to Client.
- Parties agree that the Program is in the nature of coaching and education.
- Parties agree that services provided in the Program are not considered mental health treatment. Enrollment in the program does not constitute a therapist/client relationship with Company.
- The scope of services rendered by Company pursuant to this contract shall be solely limited to those contained therein and provided for on Company’s website as part of the Program.
- Company reserves the right to substitute services equal to or comparable to the Program for Client if reasonably required by the prevailing circumstances.
- Client agrees to pay fees to the Company according to the payment schedule set forth on Company’s website, or otherwise provided to Client, and the payment plan selected by Client (the “Fee”).
- If Client fails to make payment in a timely manner in accordance with these Terms & Conditions or voluntarily decides to withdraw from our Programs, Products or Services at any time or for any reason whatsoever, Client still will remain fully responsible for the full cost of the Programs, Products and/or Services. Otherwise, access to the Programs, Products and/or Services will be restricted until the full payment is received.
- Upon execution of this Agreement, Client agrees to pay to Company the full amount of the Fee.
- If client cancels attendance at, or participation in, the Program for any reason whatsoever, Client will not be entitled to receive a refund outside of written exceptions given by Company.
- If Company is unable to render a portion of the Program as agreed and no suitable rescheduling is able to be arranged, then a refund of that portion only of the Program will be made to client.
- By joining The Diabetes Psychologist Membership, you are signing up for a monthly/yearly recurring membership. The membership dues are non-refundable.
How To Cancel Via Email:
You may cancel membership in the monthly membership anytime at least 3 business days before your next billing date to avoid being charged for that month. You will receive a confirmation email as a receipt of the cancellation request. Once the cancellation request has been processed, all access to the membership portal will be revoked and recurring billing cancelled immediately.
Further, we will not refund payments after the fact due to your failure to notify us.
You must have an active membership to access the membership portal and resources.
Requests to cancel sent through social media and/or other avenues will not be honored.
Cancellation requests must be sent to [email protected]
The Diabetes Psychologist is not liable for any late payment fees or reclaimed failed payments by PayPal. For members making their monthly membership payment through PayPal, it is your responsibility to ensure your bank card details are correct and up to date, to do this you can follow the steps on the PayPal site here.
Should you cancel your membership with The Diabetes Psychologist, it is your responsibility to ensure your recurring payment is cancelled with PayPal directly to save any future payments being taken by PayPal, you can do this with PayPal here.
- If there is a written agreement between the Company and Client about a flexible start day in any of the Programs, Client can start any time as long as the Program runs. In case Programs are not offered any longer, Client will be offered an equivalent coaching service. No refunds will be offered.
- If your payment declines for any reason, then your account will automatically lock until the payment has been satisfied or you cancel your account. Once payment has been satisfied, please email [email protected] to unlock it. We will not grant extended access for the time period your account was locked. It is your responsibility to make sure that your payments are made on time and advise us if there is an issue.
CHARGEBACKS AND PAYMENT SECURITY
- To the extent that Client provides Company with credit card(s) information for payment on Client’s account, Company shall be authorized to charge Client’s credit card(s) for any unpaid charges on the dates agreed.
- If Client uses a multiple-payment plan to make payments to Company, Company shall be authorized to make all charges at the time they are due and not require separate authorization in order to do so. Client shall not make any chargebacks to Company’s account or cancel the credit card that is provided as security without Company’s prior written consent.
- Client is responsible for any fees associated with recouping payment on chargebacks and any collection fees associated therewith. Client shall not change any of the credit card information provided to Company without notifying Company in advance.\
- Based on the explicit and clear Refund Policy stated in these Terms & Conditions, Company does not tolerate or accept any type of chargeback threat or actual chargeback from Client's credit card company. In case of a chargeback, Company reserves the right to report the incident to all three credit reporting agencies or to any other entity for inclusion in any chargeback database or for listing as a delinquent account which could have a negative impact on Client's credit report score. Chargeback abusers wishing to be removed from the database shall make the payment for the amount of the chargeback.
NO RESALE OF SERVICES PERMITTED
- Client agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Program (including course materials), use of the Program, or access to the Program.
- This agreement is not transferrable or assignable without the Company’s prior written consent, where such consent may be withheld at the Company’s absolute discretion.
NO TRANSFER OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Company’s copyrighted and original materials shall be provided to the Client for his/her individual use only and with a single-user, non-transferable, revocable license.
- Client agrees that he/she will not use any of the Company’s intellectual property, including without limitation the Company’s copyrighted and original materials, for Client’s business purposes.
- Client shall not be authorized to share, copy, distribute, or otherwise disseminate any materials received from Company electronically or otherwise without the prior written consent of the Company.
- All intellectual property, including Company’s copyrighted course materials, shall remain the sole property of the Company.
- No license to sell or distribute Company’s materials is granted or implied by the enrollment or by the payment of any fees.
- The only content that may be downloaded to your personal computer are any worksheet, slides, or exercises that are explicitly marked for download.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- By enrolling in the Program and using Company’s services, Client releases Company, its officers, employees, directors, affiliates and related entities from any and all damages that may result from the provision of the services to the Client.
- The Program is an educational/coaching service only.
- Client agrees that he/she accepts any and all risks, foreseeable or nonforeseeable, arising from such services.
- In any event, if Company is found to be liable, Company’s liability to Client or to any third party is limited to the lesser of:
- The total fees Client paid to Company in the one month prior to the action giving rise to the liability;
- All claims against Company must be lodged within 7 days of the date of the cause of action arising or otherwise the right of action is forfeited.
- Client agrees that Company will not be held liable for any damages of any kind resulting or arising from the provision of the services including but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential, or exemplary damages happening from the use or misuse of Company’s services or enrollment in the Program.
- Client agrees that he/she uses Company’s services at Client’s own risk.
DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE
- Client accepts and agrees that she/he is entirely and solely responsible for her/his progress and results from the Program.
- Client accepts and agrees that Company cannot control the Client’s responses to the provision of the services under this Agreement.
- Company makes no representations or guarantees whatsoever regarding performance of this Agreement other than those specifically stated herein.
- Company and its affiliates disclaim the implied warranties of titles, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Company makes no guarantee or warranty that the Program will meet Client’s requirements or that all clients will achieve the same or similar results.
- To the extent that Client interacts with Company staff and/or other Company clients, Client agrees to behave, at all times, courteously and respectfully. This rule includes, but it not limited to, interaction on The Diabetes Psychologist social media channels and events held as part of The Diabetes Psychologist Membership.
- Client agrees to abide by any Program rules and/or regulations presented by Company.
- The failure to abide by Program rules and regulations shall be a material breach of this Agreement and therefore sufficient cause for immediate termination of this Agreement by Company.
- In the event of such termination, Client shall not be entitled to refund of any amounts paid and shall remain responsible for all outstanding amounts of the Fee.
NO SUBSTITUTE OF MEDICAL TREATMENT
- Client agrees to be mindful of his/her own health and well being during the provision of any services and to seek appropriate medical treatment (including, but not limited to, psychotherapy) if needed.
- Company does not provide, and does not hold itself out as providing, medical, therapy, or psychotherapy services.
- Company is not responsible for any decisions made by Client as a result of the coaching and any consequences thereof.
- In the event that Client is in arrears of payment or otherwise in default of this Agreement, all payments due here under shall be immediately due and payable.
- Company shall be allowed to immediately collect all sums due from Client and to terminate this Agreement without providing further services to Client.
- In the event that Client is in arrears of payments to Company, Client shall not be permitted to use or receive any of Company’s services or to participate in any Program.
- The term “Confidential Information” shall mean information which is not generally known to the public relating to the Client’s business or personal affairs.
- Company shall keep the Confidential Information of the Client in strictest confidence and shall use its best efforts to safeguard the Client’s Confidential Information and to protect it against disclosure, misuse, espionage, loss and theft.
- In the event that a dispute arises between the Parties then the Parties agree and accept that they will negotiate in good faith to settle such dispute. If, after a reasonable period of negotiation, the dispute is not settled then either party may commence further action in the venue stated below.
- In the event of a dispute between the Parties, the parties agree that they neither will engage in any conduct or communications, public or private, designed to disparage the other.
- Client shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Company, Company’s shareholders, trustees, affiliates, employees, subcontractors and successors from and against any and all liabilities and expense whatsoever – including without limitation, claims, damages, judgments, awards, settlements, investigations, costs, attorney’s fees, and disbursements – which any of them may incur or become obligated to pay arising out of or resulting from the offering for sale, the sale, and/or use of the service(s), excluding, however, any such expenses and liabilities which may result from a breach of this Agreement or sole negligence or willful misconduct by Company, or any of its shareholders, trustees, affiliates, employees, subcontractors and successors.
- Client shall defend Company in any legal actions or the like arising from or related to this Agreement where such action brought by a third party for or on behalf of Client.
- Client recognizes and agrees that all of the Company’s shareholders, trustees, affiliates, employees, subcontractors and successors shall not be held personally, individually or collectively, responsible or liable for any actions or representations of the Company.
In the event of any conflict between the provisions contained in this Agreement and any materials used by Company, Company’s representatives, or employees, the provisions of this Agreement shall prevail.
CHOICE OF LAW
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the state of California without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law.
- The Company is entitled to be reimbursed for all reasonable legal fees from the Client.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, negotiations and understandings, oral or written.
- This Agreement may be modified only by an instrument in writing duly executed by both parties.
The ownership, non-circumvention, dispute resolution, proprietary rights, and confidentiality provisions, and any provisions relating to payment of sums owed set forth in this Agreement, and any other provisions that by their sense and context the parties intend to have survive, shall survive the termination, for any reason, of this Agreement.
If any of the provisions contained in this Agreement, or any part of them, is hereafter construed to be invalid or unenforceable, the same shall not affect the remainder of such provision or any other provision contained herein, which shall be given full effect regardless of the invalid provision or part thereof.
- Upon execution by purchasing, clicking "I agree", the Parties agree that any individual, associate, and/or assign shall be bound by the terms of THIS AGREEMENT.
- Acceptance of this Agreement upon purchasing, with a written or electronic signature or statement, shall constitute a legal and binding instrument with the same effect as an originally signed copy.